A guide brought to you by RL Rose
Can traditional rugs and contemporary work well together? It’s a debate amongst artists, designers, architects and interior designers that sees no sign of ending. In a world where modern glass buildings dwarf their Victorian neighbours of yesteryear without making either look out of place, the debate continues.
DOES AN ORIENTAL TRADITIONAL RUG HAVE A PLACE IN A NEW HOME?
This is a common question on web forums with people moving into newly built homes that come with magnolia walls and marble kitchens. And our answer is yes.
Whilst at first glance an oriental or Persian traditional rug may seem only at home amongst a traditional setting with similarly traditional ornaments dominating a rustic antique piece of furniture, it’s just as likely to find a place amongst pastel coloured walls and polished flooring. In fact, an oriental rug is often something that can be used to add that final touch of class to an otherwise minimalist design.
This certainly isn’t the first issue of contemporary vs modern that designers have to solve. When a couple decide to move in together, the scene is set for a clash as each brings their own (and sometimes conflicting) preferences with them.
HOW TO ADD TRADITIONAL RUGS TO A MODERN HOUSE
There’s something about traditional rugs that just oozes sophistication and refinement. Maybe it’s the intricate patterns, the luxurious materials, or the history behind them. Whatever the reason, these rugs have a timeless appeal that can make any room feel more refined and stylish.
While Persian rugs can work in virtually any type of room, they tend to look particularly stunning in modern spaces. Their intricate patterns and rich colours can add instant visual interest to an otherwise simple room. Plus, they can help to soften the hard lines and starkness that is often associated with contemporary design.
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your home, consider incorporating a traditional rug into your décor. Here are some tips on how to find the right kind of rug to suit your interior design theme:
- Choose the right size rug. Make sure the rug is proportionate to the size of the room. A too-small rug will look out of place, while a too-large rug can overwhelm the space.
- Consider the colours in your room. A traditional rug can add a pop of colour or help to tie together different hues in your space.
- Pick the right pattern. Intricate patterns are typical of traditional rugs. If you want to keep the look more modern, choose a simpler design.
- Layer multiple rugs. Don’t be afraid to layer multiple rugs in different sizes and colours. This can create an interesting and unique look.
- Incorporate other traditional elements. Pair your rug with other traditional elements like wood furniture or antique décor items.
- Keep it simple. Don’t go overboard with the rest of your décor – let the rug be the star of the show!
Traditional rugs are a beautiful and timeless way to add style to any room. By following these tips, you can incorporate one into your home décor in a way that looks chic and sophisticated.
RL Rose is a professional oriental and Persian rug specialist servicing rug owners across England and Wales. The company routinely deals with cleaning and repairs and offer an uplift and delivery service. As a member of the Guild of Master Craftsmen, RL Rose excel in providing a professional and expert service along with daily pick up and delivery within the M25 area and weekly pick up and delivery across the rest of England and Wales.
#traditionalrug #traditionalrugs #persianrug #persianrugs #orientalrug #orientalrugs #antiquerug #antiquerugs #rugsofpersia #interiordesign #interiordesign2022 #designtrends2022 #homedecor #modernhome #moderndesign #rugdesign #interiordesigner